Welcome to General Practitioners Practice ‘t Kalf! Here you can find information about our practice and how the healthcare system works in the Netherlands. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Dutch healthcare | GPinfo: your source for reliable information in English about health and healthcare in The Netherlands.
Also consult The NHS website – NHS (www.nhs.uk) as a guide to conditions, symptoms and treatments.
Do I need to see a doctor?
Determine within 1 minute whether you need to see a doctor: Home – Moet Ik Naar De Dokter
Do I need to see a doctor? is a tool that can determine, based on your age, gender and symptoms, whether you need to see a doctor and, if so, when. Easy, safe and fast. Check out the website for more information and frequently asked questions.
Make an appointment
To make appointments, request visits, request results, etc., please call us in the morning between 8:00 and 10:30 am.
The doctor’s assistant will ask you why you want to make an appointment. This is to estimate when you should come and how much time should be scheduled for the consultation. The doctor’s assistant is trained to give advice if a doctor’s visit is not immediately necessary. She will consult with the doctor if necessary.
You can also make an appointment with the doctor’s assistant. This is intended for small things such as injections, measuring blood pressure, treatment of warts or cleaning out ears.
You can also make an appointment via your patient portal or send a message to your GP.
In the unlikely event that you cannot come to your appointment, we ask you to make this known to the assistant. This way your time can be used for someone else.
To prevent the consultation hour from running out too much, please pay attention to the following:
A consultation takes a maximum of 10 minutes. These 10 minutes are suitable for one complaint. On request, a maximum of 20 minutes can be scheduled in the case of two complaints or if there is a complaint that takes more time. If more time is needed, or if there are multiple complaints, please make a new appointment.
Contact by phone
When you call us, you will hear a selection menu. These are the options:
- Press 1 for emergencies
- Press 2 to speak to the assistant
- Press 3 for information about the practice (in Dutch)
- Press 4 for peer consultation (for healthcare professionals only)
In order to make care for our patients easier and to keep up with digitization, it is possible in our practice to create an account for our patient portal. With this portal, where you log in using DigiD, you can use the following services:
- Planning appointments;
- Asking questions; Do you have a medical question that does not require an immediate answer? Then you can safely send a message to your healthcare provider.
- Request repeat prescription refill; Do you need medicines that you use for a long time and that have previously been prescribed by your GP? Then you can request your repeat prescription refill online.
- Access to medical file; Would you like to have access to your medical file? Then you can access your file online.
- Uw Zorg online app; Want to use the online services via the app? Download the Uw Zorg online app in the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Send self-measurements; For example, do you want to pass on your weight, blood pressure or blood sugar values to your healthcare provider? Then you can track and send your self-measurements online.
When you click on this link, you can create an account or log in to the patient portal.